Stories vying for a position in The Thrills and Mystery Anthology must be voted through by the fans. (This rule does not apply to the podcast. Click here to be directed to the podcast submission specs.) Before submitting, your story must spend a month in the vetting forum found here. The author may take or not take reader advice at his/her discretion, and the story may then be submitted for inclusion in the upcoming issue. Submit your story by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may send as an attached .doc, a .pdf or in the body of the email. Stories which have not gone through vetting will not be considered for the contest. If you have changed the title from the time the story was vetted, be sure to note the change in your email.
Your story will then go into the voting stage. 2/3 of your completed story will be posted in the voting pool, and the six to eight stories receiving the most votes will then be published in their entirety in an upcoming issue of Thrills and Mystery.
● Authors are encouraged to promote their inclusion using social media of all forms.
● Stories can be of any genre that might appeal to thriller/mystery/crime fans. Think Ellery Queen/Alfred Hitchcock/True Detective with a smidgen of Twilight Zone for good measure.
● Authors will receive a DRM-free .mobi file, a .pdf file and a .epub file of their issue which he/she may then distribute at will for promotional purposes.
● Authors selected for inclusion in an issue will receive a banner ad on this site for ten weeks to promote anything they like: a novel, their newsletter sign-up, their blog or website, anything.
● No other fiscal remuneration is available at this time.
NOTICE: By submitting your story, you are granting Thrills and Mystery one-time perpetual digital and print publication rights. You retain all other rights to your story. By submitting, you are also acknowledging that you own all rights to your story and that it is not a derivative work or plagiarized property belonging to any third party.
Once the story is published you promise to promote it to the best of your ability through your author website, newsletter, or social media account(s).
To have your work considered for inclusion as an episode of the podcast, simply note that you wish to be included OR attach a .wav or .mp3 file of the story being performed in your submission. Before creating an audio file, please click the button below to assure your submission fits podcast guidelines.
By submitting a story, you affirm that you are granting a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use the donated content as part of the podcast and anthology collectively known as “Thrills and Mystery,” edited by J. David Core. Once the story is published you promise to promote it to the best of your ability through your author website, newsletter, or social media account(s).